Why is Video so Important?
If you have something to sell – you need video. The marketplace is on line, whether it’s to FIND a product or service or to actually PURCHASE a product or service. There are thousands of people looking for you online right now. So, how will they find you, understand you, and buy from you?
How video helps people find you:
Google is the largest search engine on line, it is where people go when they want just about anything. However, getting Google to notice your website is a tall order. But one thing is for sure: Google loves video! There are numerous ways in which video can boost your SEO. Here are some of the big ones.
1. Video is easy to share. According to Simply Measured, video is shared 1,200% more than text and links combined! The more your video is viewed the higher your ranking.
2. Video Transcripts. Creating a video transcript and uploading it in companion with your video, gives Google tons of keywords that will link back to your website, bringing you more traffic and boosting your SEO.
3. Place a video right on your landing page, it’s irresistible to most people. Rendrfx.com says that visitors who view videos stay an average of 2 minutes longer on a website if it has video. The longer someone hangs around your website the more Google notices you.
How video helps people understand you:
Video is the fastest and most effective way to communicate with your customers. Forbes and Business.com agree that video is worth 1.8 million words. Think of how many pages you would have to fill with words to have the same effect as showing it in a video.
People are busy. In general, visitors will leave a website within 59 seconds if they haven’t found what they are looking for. Give them what they want – VIDEO. They can find out what you offer and what sets you apart from the competition in under a minute!
How video increases conversion rates:
Video is entertaining and easy to digest. According to WordStream, human brains process video 60,000 times faster than text. So, it is no wonder that a well executed video can make people feel more comfortable about making a purchase or showing interest in a service. Check these stats:
– 64-85% of viewers are more likely to buy after watching a product video. – kissmetrics.com
– Video marketing produces 66% more qualified leads per year. – optinmonster.com
There is no denying what a powerful tool video can be when it is used correctly. In fact, 51.9% of marketing professionals worldwide name video as the type of content with the best ROI, according to hubspot.com.
Stand out in front of your competitors and invest in a professional video. Contact Story Lab Studios for a quote!